GCF produces socket spigot Centrifugal pipes as per ISO 2531, BS 545 and BS 598. Production started in 2011 with the high tech plant as explained later.
Standards: ISO 2531, BS EN 545 and BS EN 598
Size Range: DN 100 to DN 700
External Coating: Zinc followed by bitumen as per ISO 8179
Internal Lining: cement mortar lining as per ISO 4179
End Connections: Socket - Spigot
Wall thickness: K9 & K10
Applications: Water, waste water, Sewage, Fire fighting, irrigation
GCF has a separate factory for Ductile Iron Pipes production. The pipe plant is built on a space of 20 acres The pipe plant has the following main equipment;
- 2 centrifugal casting machines using the De Lavaud technology supplied by CCMCO USA which cover pipes from DN 100 – DN 700. Both machines have a capacity of 50,000 Tons per annum
- Annealing furnace designed and supplied by IOB Germany. Annealing Furnace can accommodate a future capacity of 100,000 tons of pipes per annum for sizes up to DN 1200.
- Hydraulic Testing units.
- Zinc Coating station by electricity.
- Bitumen Coating equipment.
- Cement Mortar lining station for cement mixing and Pipe lining by centrifugal means.
- Grinding station for cleaning pipes internally before lining.
- Shell molding equipment for making core for pipe socket.
- Lab equipment for quality inspection as explained in the Quality Section.